Materials you will need:
12x1 strip of dsp (cardstock would work, but it's better with dsp)
1 3/8" punch
scallop trim punch (or any other border punch)
buttons late ( or other buttons or large brads)
scrap cs to punch the circle
1. Punch your 12" x 1" dsp strip with the border punch, only on one side.2. Run it through the crimper 4-5 times, each time flattening the folds. Don't flatten them the last time you run the strip through the crimper.
3. Punch a 1 3/8" circle and cover it with sticky strip. I was out of sticky strip so I used artist tape from the art supply store.
4. Start adhering the strip around the circle making little pleats.
5. After you have finished one layer continue to the second one. My ends met at same point, so I didn't need to cut the strip. But you can finish where ever you would like and cut it there.
6. I used chocolate chip button and made a bow using the linen thread. Added a dimensional and adhered it to the middle of the flower. And there you have it. You can use it on a card, scrapbook page etc.